NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Struggling.

NIGHTBOY

Just been out and took 37 pictures of andromeda, took me about 3 mins.

Loaded all the images into pipp, cropped them and then prosessed into both avi an tiff.

Tried them both in registax and it won align all the pics, end result looks like images just randomly placed on top of each other.

I was taking the pics until the object was almost out I the view finder then I'd move the scope slightly and shoot again.

?

Great will give it a go. I couldn't video Andromeda with my dsrl as the iso wouldn't go high enough to get a picture so the camera kept turning off the videoing mode.

One thing I did notice on a video of Jupiter I took the other night is on the screen there is what looks like a single red pixel. Any ideas???

If you are starting out in AP, have you got hold of the book 'Making Every Photon Count' from the book section of the FLO website. It really is something of an imaging bible, will explain about stacking etc, then gives you some processing help as well - Trust me, you'll benefit from that as well. A great book giving you good information.

One thing I did notice on a video of Jupiter I took the other night is on the screen there is what looks like a single red pixel. Any ideas???

if the planet is moving round slightly in the video then when you stack it all (especially with median, sigma clipping or the like), the hot pixel will get averaged out.  If you take darks too, the red pixel will be on those as well, and will get subtracted immediately, and if the worst comes to worst, you can always zap it on the final image in photoshop with the spot healing brush.  So nothing to worry about, and as Chris says, all too common

Archived