Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

saturn.. and frustration!

LaVey

well wot a lovely night out there tonight.. bit cold and windy.. but nice to not be under a think blanket of cloud!!

below is the only shot worth posting tonight...

2996_normal.jpeg

i tried my new astronomica nebula filter on the orion nebula and managed to capture nothing but a lot of noise and a couple of stars! my mars was over exposed and came out as a white disk... my goto seems to be out on every object i select (think my set up routine is lacking somewhat) and to top it all off.. my scope is set up on the decking on the top of the garden = no movement at all whilst the camera is going coz the weight shift on the planks moves the scope :D

Still at least i got to play and see some stuff... gonna take a while to get this imaging malarky sorted :rolleyes:

Well at least you got something to show for your efforts tonight L. We can see how Saturns rings have almost closed right up.

If you want imaging to be your forte, you will need a more stable platform for your mount than decking.

A concrete pad in your garden would be Ideal if you could manage it. I know a permanent setup is not always easy to accomplish for a lot of imagers, and when you see what SteveL produces without one, the mind boggles.

Once you get your setup discipline in place, you are bound to improve out of sight.

Ron.

the house is on the market.. so one of my prerequisites for the next place is long/dark garden with a place to build an obsy or at least a concrete base for the scope :D

Also gonna invest in an Atik camera for DSO's.. dont think the LPI is upto this kinda stuff.

Archived