NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A message from the God of War...........

beamish

Okay I'm sure I'm not the only one to be disappointed tonight but, once the rain had cleared I went back out, polar aligned and was ready to continue with a two star alignment using capella and pollux. All went well, moved onto Mars and there it was bang smack in the middle of the cross-hairs. Exchanged the EP for the webcam, refocused with my shiny new autofocuser, again sweet as a nut. A few minor adjustments to the camera settings in K3ccd and I'm off-NO ! the image started to deteriorate,looked up, a great bank of clouds had moved in and spots of rain appeared again, getting heavier by the second. Not wishing risk damage to the lappy or any other kit, I bit the bullet and had to call it a night and quiclky dismantle and pack away. Am I despondent ?.................Yes !!

So I'll be looking out to se what imaging pearls the rest of you produce(again).

Karlo

Karlo

same sort of night here in South east Leeds

our difference I only have to close the roof up which is very very handy way to work with this malarkey :D

mind you it knocks hell out of my bad back and shoulders when I rush things sooner I sort the automation to the roof the better thats Today sorted then I will have a go at that I have all the components to hand

Lifting the mount tripod and c/w's doesn't do my back much good either, I thought you were in North leeds, sorry RA. I remember, you're in Morley, directly south of my position at Hill Top, Armley. I can see the town hall from the front of the house. Twas a cr*ppy night all told, made worse by the fact the kit was working sooo nicely!

There'll be other nights :?

Karlo

... a great bank of clouds had moved in and spots of rain appeared again, getting heavier by the second. Not wishing risk damage to the lappy or any other kit, I bit the bullet and had to call it a night and quiclky dismantle and pack away.

Karlo

This is one of the reasons I built an observatory - only 5 minutes to set up and 30 seconds to close up the roof.

Archived