NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A quick Wizz before bed.. in HST

Sp@ce_d

Well, I've been playing around with this for a while but just cant get satisfied about it for the amount of data I've collected. The Ha in this is rather overwhelming compared to the OIII & SII. I'm going to need plenty more I reckon.

Anyway, I haven't posted up anything for some time so I had another another bash tonight at the good 'ol HST palette with what I have so far... as usual feedback is very welcome if I have any chance on improving on my processing skills!

Ha 97x900

OIII 39x900

SII 31x900

So thats just under 42hrs of Data.. collected over 10 nights between Sept 17th & Nov 1st. That's more than the total of clear nights from the whole of last season!!

Shot on the "Dual Shooter" config

Ha on the 80ED & 314L+

OIII & SII on the ZS71 & 314L+

get.jpg

That is absolutely lovely and rich. Would you swap the scopes in your setup? I find that my ZS71 bloats the stars with Oiii, or it could just be very bad seeing that I suffer from in Manchester.

Regards,

A.G

I was giving the ZS71 a shootout against the 80ED when I started on this one. So I had the fully loaded EFW2 on the 71 & a manual 5 slot (LRGBHa) on the 80.

I did some (not enough really) RGB on it too but not got around to processing. The 80ED does have better control of B/OIII, the 71 needs good seeing for it but it's a nice scope.

I'm hoping to get the Esprit on this to compare but having re-jigged the setup I'm having a challenge getting good guiding with a multiscope setup as the Esprit is quite heavy. Might need to sell another organ for an EQ8 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was giving the ZS71 a shootout against the 80ED when I started on this one. So I had the fully loaded EFW2 on the 71 & a manual 5 slot (LRGBHa) on the 80.

I did some (not enough really) RGB on it too but not got around to processing. The 80ED does have better control of B/OIII, the 71 needs good seeing for it but it's a nice scope.

I'm hoping to get the Esprit on this to compare but having re-jigged the setup I'm having a challenge getting good guiding with a multiscope setup as the Esprit is quite heavy. Might need to sell another organ for an EQ8 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that you have got it sorted, I quite like the focuser on the ZS71, once adjusted it stays put even with the reducer, FW and the camera attached, something that my ED80 is not capable of doing.I only found out the other day that the WO reducer can be screwed on to the draw tube internally, a bit of a fiddle getting it on with everything attached but atleast it is secure.

Reagrds,

A.G

....snip

I only found out the other day that the WO reducer can be screwed on to the draw tube internally, a bit of a fiddle getting it on with everything attached but atleast it is secure.

Reagrds,

A.G

?? tell me more.. I don't see how it will when there's no internal thread. Is this the red/flattener 6 you're talking about?

?? tell me more.. don't see how it will when there's no internal thread. Is this the red/flattener 6 you're talking about?

Yes it is the 6 version, the FF/FR has some threads on the outside, I am not 100% sure but I think that it is an sct thread. Anyway there seems to be some internal threads on the inside of the draw tube, You have to make sure that the two screws tightening the pressure ring are totally  loose and the ring is not binding. i then just insert  the FF/FR in all the way and turnuntill it finds the thread, it turns  quite a way in but  on mine it is quite secure, the only draw back is that I use this with my 428 OSC then I am not able to screw the IDAS filter in but it seems to be fine with the 314 and the filter wheel attached for RGB sessions. I also had to teawk the 3 grub screws that hold   the focuser in place, as it was delieverd from FLO these appeared tight but as I put the camera on the focuser sagged, after careful tightening it is much better now . If you manage to screw the Ff/FR in then the camera rotatio n has to be achieved by rotating the focuser, something that I don't like doing.

Regards,

A.G

Interesting, looks like mine is different. I checked there are no threads in the tube. There is a smooth band where I'm guessing yours is. I've not had any issues with it though, I also have a stepper motor on the focusser & hardly have to touch it between sessions anyway.

Archived