NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sun in white light 19/11/13

DrRobin

I've just had a look with the solar glasses too and I can just see it naked eye (the windows are shockingly dirty here I've never seen them cleaned in the 19 years I have been working here).

Great shot! I wish I were at home as it is wall to wall blue sky here.

Alexandra

Good shot, Robin, well done catching the big 'un.  :smiley:  I've had a go too but the seeing was so wobbly I had no idea what position was focused. :eek:  A quick view through the eyepiece and the conditions were indeed pretty poor here, but it was still awesome to see the spot.

Forgot to bring my solar film again to see the spot naked eye! :BangHead:

Thanks guys.

The seeing was very difficult this morning, similar to Luke, I think.  As it clouded up here mid morning, I thought that was going to be it, but at lunch time it came clear, still clear now so I had 35 minutes of Ha.  I couldn't have done any more, my fingers and hands were beginning to freeze.  sunny it might be, warm it is not.

Robin

Archived