NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Image of Jupiter

sonof007

Hi, Though you might like to comment and see my first attempt at astro image of Saturn. Up very early Saturday 16th November , taken me a while getting used to the polar alignment of NEQ6 and getting the hang of the Camera settings. Starting with an IMG 132E but will be doing some shooting with my Canon 550d in the future and hopefully a bter CCCD camera in years ahead. I am fairly pleased with the end image, although I tried to use a 2x barlow to get more detail I could not find Jupiter when I used the Barlow although it was dead in the centre of the camera when I removed and fitted the 2x Barlow .. ?

Commenst welcome :)

post-31271-0-03641200-1384719392.jpg

Hi, Though you might like to comment and see my first attempt at astro image of Saturn. Up very early Saturday 16th November , taken me a while getting used to the polar alignment of NEQ6 and getting the hang of the Camera settings. Starting with an IMG 132E but will be doing some shooting with my Canon 550d in the future and hopefully a bter CCCD camera in years ahead. I am fairly pleased with the end image, although I tried to use a 2x barlow to get more detail I could not find Jupiter when I used the Barlow although it was dead in the centre of the camera when I removed and fitted the 2x Barlow .. ?

Commenst welcome :)

Where did its rings go!!!!!!! :shocked:

Ahhh just checking you was alert Helite ... Looks like I had a serious blonde moment ... LOL  Can't find anyway to edit so it will have to stay as Saturn :)

You aint the first or the last to mix the 2 up, I also have the habit at times. Well done on the image though, its great when you start seeing more details in your own images isn't it.

Maybe you could PM a mod and kindly ask them to change the title for you, or maybe one will pop along and do it at some point.

Good luck with the imaging. 

Archived