NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Fake sky!

ollypenrice

I have an RGB image which has picked up some horrible Technicolor flares from a star off shot. DBE etc was unable to do for them entirely so I went down the desperate measures route. I made an entirely de-starred sky with a neutral colour weighting of 23/23/23. Maybe the least interesting image ever posted on SGL?  :grin:

SKYFIX%20WEB-M.jpg

Actually it doesn't look all that flat on here but it seems to be in Ps. I'll make a better one in Yves scope by taking short exposures into a relatively empty bit of sky. (Easier at long FL.)

By pasting it underneath the flares can be erased and replaced with this patch. I removed the stars by pinning the backgound at 23 and dragging down the top right of the curve in a straight line to white clip anything but background.

In this case the remaining sky is actually the real sky for the image, but I suppose it doesn't have to be. Depends how you feel about it.

Olly

Archived