Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Rosette, NGC 2238 False LRGB

lensman57

Hi,

Following from my earlier post and inspired by Dave Smith's superb BiColour capture of the Rosette, I decided to to see what I could do with the miserly 3 X 300s data Of Oiii that I had collected and then add it to the 7 X 300s 7nm Ha data. I the preocessed the ultra noisy and weak Oiii in StarTools and made a Synth Green of the two combined data sets in PS. I then reimported the 3 sets in to StarTools and did a  " False " LRGB  combine using the original Ha data as LUM. This is the result, I could not push the Oiii data too much due to weak signal and high noise, also those Oiii halos are playing havoc here. Any advice is most welcome as these are  my first steps in to this wierd world of false colour so there is a lot to learn.

Hope you like it.

Ha 7 X 300s

Oiii 3 X 300s

Synth Green from Ha and Oiii

Ha as LUM

WO ZS 71 @ f4.7 Atik 314 L+

Processing in StarTools and PS,

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-30586900-1384532520_thumb.p

It may be useful if I give a little detail on how I processed my image. http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/199598-rosette-bi-colour-wide/?hl=%2Brosette#entry2104394

In my case the OIII data was not as good as the Ha, simply because of the filters Ha 3nm, OIII 8nm.

The procedure I used was as follows (basically following a tutorial by Martin_h )

1. I aligned the two images using Registar

2. Used Annie's actions to produce an RGB image with R=Ha, G & B =OIII

3 I the applied Noel's action to make an artificial green.

4 Did a slight adjustment to the Hue to get colours I liked.

5 Used Annies action to remove the stars.

6 Pasted the Ha on top and set it's mode to luminance.

7 Flatten image

It is step 5 that stop the halos due to rotten stars in the OIII

I hope that helps.

You have good data there but the colour isn't to my taste but there is no right or wrong colour in narrow band imaging - it is all down to personal preference.

Dave

It may be useful if I give a little detail on how I processed my image. http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/199598-rosette-bi-colour-wide/?hl=%2Brosette#entry2104394

In my case the OIII data was not as good as the Ha, simply because of the filters Ha 3nm, OIII 8nm.

The procedure I used was as follows (basically following a tutorial by Martin_h )

1. I aligned the two images using Registar

2. Used Annie's actions to produce an RGB image with R=Ha, G & B =OIII

3 I the applied Noel's action to make an artificial green.

4 Did a slight adjustment to the Hue to get colours I liked.

5 Used Annies action to remove the stars.

6 Pasted the Ha on top and set it's mode to luminance.

7 Flatten image

It is step 5 that stop the halos due to rotten stars in the OIII

I hope that helps.

You have good data there but the colour isn't to my taste but there is no right or wrong colour in narrow band imaging - it is all down to personal preference.

Dave

Thanks Dave ,

Much appreciate the pointer, will try and do a star removal as suggested.

Regards,

A.G

Hi,

Following Dave Smith's excellent advice I have done a star removal  action and pasted the lum on top as a lum layer, I did a stauration by blending layers. Hope you find it an improvement. Now I have to get back to proper work.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-02945200-1384546383_thumb.p

Archived