NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ5 upgrade kit

Has anyone here who has the eq5 sysncan upgrade kit and fitted them themselves had any issues regarding the goto accuracy after the alignment ?

I feel i have the motors correctly fitted as the instructions are as useful as a chocolate teapot so had to watch a few videos to help me out.

-Rob

Rob

Have a look at this thread:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/169821-problems-with-synscan-eq-5-upgrade-kit/?hl=%26quot%3Beq5+upgrade%26quot%3B#entry1728211

Also, maybe post your question in the Mounts section of the website. And do a search over all sections of the website for "eq5 upgrade" or something.

I do now wonder if you have inadvertently put something the wrong way around when assembling the motorised units to the axes; I have no idea if this is possible or if it would result in the problems you've been encountering, but worth considering.

James

Hmm.. I'm not totally getting what is being said here. The two cogs that come with the upgrade kit you have to fit yourself are both exactly the same so i can't see how they can have an effect if they are on the wrong way if there even is a wrong way. On both of mine the grub screws are on the outside of the cogs.

-Rob

"Try setting the time zone as -0." - Going to have to try this along with the rest.

I've read through the 4 pages there on that thread and only picked up on that one possible thing to check. The rest i am doing the same as him, rather perplexed.

Just checking when i have the scope in its home/parked pos should i be able to see Polaris through the EP ?

Wondering if this issue coincides with it not being able to work with stellarium. 

-Rob

You don't need to park the scope, having it roughly in the home position is sufficient for starting a star alignment. I donmt think you need to add the complexity of parkin at stuff at this stage.

In the home position, polaris doesnmt have to be in rhe field of view, but it often is if the mount and scope are aligned well with one another, but this partly is why we do a star alignment to teach the mount where the scope is pointing at various points in the sky, and to correct for any mis-alignment between the scope and the mount.

James

Archived