Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bahtinov mask

kipstar

hello im trying to make a diy

Bahtinov mask for my 6inch reflictor its focal length 750mm and aperture is 150mm im useing cardboard its think stuff so it should work fine my problem is im useing the bahtinov mask generator but when i generate the the tenplate i get is 245mm with would hang of the front of my telescope haha does anyone know whats going on with it thanks

If you share with us a screen dump of the values you enter into the generator we might be able to deduce what you are doing wrong?

otherwise it's a wild guess? unless someone is more of a magician than I :grin:

Bahtinov Focusing Mask Generator
Version 0.4 (Beta)

For information about Bahtinov masks and this generator, see the Overview, the FAQ, and the Change History.

Input values appropriate for your telescope, and press the Generate! button.

Basic parameters
Enter these three values, press Generate!, and you're most likely done. Focal length (mm) The focal length of your scope, in mm. Aperture (mm) The clear aperture of your scope, in millimeters. Edge thickness (mm) The extra distance the mask extends beyond the clear aperture. The amount you enter depends on whether you plan to fit the mask inside your tube/dewshield or somehow mount it over the outside. If you decide the mask needs to be 20mm larger than the clear aperture, enter 10mm. You probably don't want this to be less than 4 mm, depending on the material you use.  

opens its self   xps file on my screen its 9 inches from side to side and thats from the slats not the Edge thickness and yes this sound stupid have no printer i have big bits of traceing paper was going to copy of screen with pencil and ruler with is fine come to think of it must be becouse im not printing it out is it

Not Actual Size on the screen

update on my mask tried to make the lords mask didnt work for me so stuck with my plan to copy the bahtinov mask off the screen  took somwe doing but after some hard work happy to say working amazing thanks for the help everyone

Archived