Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Newbie Needs Help (Again)

compassrose

Hi Everyone

Last Tuesday (29 October) I fitted my PD Colour Camera (with a focal reducer) to my SkyWatcher ST102 on a EQ3.2. I managed to get a focus using my new Bahtinov as recommended by you guys. After a while I thought I would try and find Uranus and I managed the attached image (I've attached 2 images - a snap from the raw video video and a hurriedly stacked one). I may also have managed some moons, which would be nice to try and name, or am I just thinking wishfully! What I need to know is this - How do I determine what way up the finished image should be as I would like to build up a collection of printed snaps. OK I know this may not be considered imaging in the normal sense, but it would be nice to have a paper record. I've tried Stellarium for the 29 October at around 7.00pm GMT but I'm finding it difficult to correlate my image. Is there a standard convention as to what is top/bottom of frame?  

Grateful thanks

David    

post-22032-0-16592400-1383329076_thumb.j

post-22032-0-72367500-1383329158_thumb.j

David,

I await with interest the orientation answers (I would go for correct image orientation - although there is on "up or down" in space)

BUT may I ask which capture and stacking software did you use? I am new to VA and I am still trying to work out which is easiest for beginners!!

Like you I have a PD1 as well - great little camera!!

I like the images !! - and I must have a go at Uranus too !! - I still find it amazing that these cameras can pull out so much more than a scope on its own!!

David,

Thanks - I am using Powerdirector as well - to capture - and I am beginning to get used to it.

I downloaded Registax 6 but find it a bit frustrating to use and not as intuitive as I would like. - I think I might try and find an earlier version.

Good luck with the imaging!!

Archived