Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Processing star ting the basics m31

Right I will put my hand up processing can't get my head round it so here's where I'm at, can process m31 in dss  and get my Tif file at the end but it's the PS that's doing me what am I looking to do first ,second  etc will look at Anna Morris videos looking for direction as what I should be looking to achieve first. Cheers daved  

Right I will put my hand up processing can't get my head round it so here's where I'm at, can process m31 in dss  and get my Tif file at the end but it's the PS that's doing me what am I looking to do first ,second  etc will look at Anna Morris videos looking for direction as what I should be looking to achieve first. Cheers daved  

What seems to be the problem? If you wish to share your data you might get a pointer or two from the guys on the forum as how to do it. Processing is a long and at times painful procedure and that is where the  fun begins the data aqusition part is actually easy and mostly for me at least quite boring as beyond setting up and aligning there is very little human input involved.

Regards,

A.G

Photoshop it's all daunting to me

One step at a time, first Ps is not exactly my cup of tea either. Open your image , make a copy of the layer by draging the little layer picture bit onto the little symbol next to the bin in the layer palett and then with the new layer highlighted do a level adjustment by draging the left triangle to the edge of the curve and the right one to the right edge but without blowing the highlights. This will give you initial stretch and then you just take on from here on. Not as easy as made up to be but then again not everybody is  an AP, after a while though you will get the hang of it. Doug German tutorials are quite good and you could try this link as well, it is quite basic but covers what you need.

http://www.starrywonders.com/tutorialpage1.html

Regards,

A.G

Archived