Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Moon in colour

Redpaul

Nice. :)

I did a similar attempt a longe time ago, but i ended up overexposing it a bit and clipped into the brighter parts. Yours on the other hand look very well exposed and more natural. :)

Thanks.

a very interesting image.

How was it done?

Thanks. It's just a single RAW file taken with my DSLR and given a saturation and contrast boost in Photoshop.

Paul

nice image.  okay im probably going to seem dumb now ,but are the colours via your own interpretation and tweaking or actual colours of the lunar surface ? if the latter ,why wont our eyes see them ?

nice image.  okay im probably going to seem dumb now ,but are the colours via your own interpretation and tweaking or actual colours of the lunar surface ? if the latter ,why wont our eyes see them ?

Not dumb at all but my reply probably is as I don't really know! I would guess that it is probably a mixture of my own interpretation and actual colours. The reason our eyes don't see the colours I'm guessing is because the moon is highly reflective of sunlight resulting in us seeing a white disc. My answer is probably wide of the mark but maybe this link helps.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/lroc-20100910_color_moon.html

Paul

Archived