Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astro Rig Down !!! Sympathy Required

Gutted

when i bought my QHY8L there was a very slight tilt on the CCD sensor, no biggie it came with a tilt ring and i never had any issues with it so all was good.

Over the last 48hours though the sensor went for a wander to the point where it was so bad that only one half of the sensor could be focused on at anyone point, the camera still works but the X-Axis is on a see-saw. Thankfully its still in warrenty and Bernard at Modern Astronomy has been fantasticly helpful and he is now sending it off for re-collomation.

Of course now that my camera is away i'm sure you'll all be looking forward to the clear skies i'll miss..... :embarassed:

To make matters when i bought my Hyperstar i wound it on as per the instructions and it turned out that the secondary mirror holder was rotating in the correcter plate, no good. With no camera for the next 3 weeks i figured i may as well send the scope of to be serviced, that'll cost, i'm waiting on a quote from widescreen centre on that.

This all on top of the week where i have been struck down with Turbo Man Flu & my car caught fire on the way home last wednesday & the Mickey Flannegn tickets i had for Thursday night in an effort to cheer myself up have just been postponed till december due to the death of his Mum (not a complaint - RIP). The point is i'm Irish but it appears that my 'Luck of the....' seems to be on a fortnights holiday. I think i'll stay in this weekend.

Could the whole forum now please proceed with the "sorry to hear that", "Chin up" etc etc....

It could always be worse. though after that tale of woes it seems the astro gods really have it in for you ;)

On the bright side, the camera was still in warranty and Bern's a top man for getting these things sorted out - any word on how long the QHY service/repair will take?

It could always be worse. though after that tale of woes it seems the astro gods really have it in for you ;)

On the bright side, the camera was still in warranty and Bern's a top man for getting these things sorted out - any word on how long the QHY service/repair will take?

3 weeks(ish) i went through it with Bernard, mechanically its fine apparently since i bought my camera QHY now use a Laser alignment method to level and collomate the CCD's so it may come back better then when i bought it.

Archived