Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Preparations for new EQ8 mount

Gina

Does this mean you had a afternoon nap and can't make up the time..... :)

No, I've been working on it all afternoon.  Other stuff took longer than expected this morning and took more of my effort, so I didn't get started until after lunch :(   I'm still hoping to get it placed on the pier this evening.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the steel plate drilled and tapped with the AZ adjustment post fitted and secured with a lock nut underbeath.

post-13131-0-58583800-1382551935_thumb.j

I'm afraid that is as far as I can get today.  The next stage will be either to fit the bearing into the middle hole to take the 12mm bolt or if it doesn't arrive tomorrow I may drill the aluminium sheet.  That has to be done in our big shed in daylight.

I also need daylight to get the mount into the obsy.  The ground between the house and obsy is very rough and this mount is too heavy for me to just carry out so I'm planning to carry it out in it's case, probably with the help of a sack barrow and large pieces of chipboard, OSB or plywood.  I'm not risking it in the dark.

This process continues in the "EQ8 - Installation and Commissioning" in the "Discussions - Mounts" forum - http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/197919-eq8-installation-and-commissioning/#entry2082862 

There is also a companion Unboxing thread - http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/197646-eq8-the-unboxing/

Archived