Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon eclipses star tonight

Hey now that's an idea, I'm thinking about setting up for a lunar observing session.

Looks to be about 1am here so if I'm set up I will be sure to look for it, thanks for the heads up.

:)

edit: It probably wouldn't be an easy thing to catch on a dslr would it?

I would think you could catch it with a dslr..maybe one exposure for the moon and another for the star and then put them together?

I thought about that but I wasn't planning on setting the motors up for tracking so not sure if I could get a long enough exposure without trailing, I've never tried to capture a star through my scope so don't really know how long it'd take.

I can always try  anyway if I'm eager enough.

I managed to see the first part of it but for one reason or another didn't see it pop back out the other side, was quite difficult at times as the moon was washing the area around out.

Oh and the over exposing failed miserably again mainly because of the moon wash.

Still had a good nights observing all in all, thanks again for the thread otherwise I would of missed it.

Archived