NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Camera Projection Eyepieces

Hi,

I recently sold my reflector and bought a Skywatcher 130P DS.  I have dabbled a bit in basic astrophotography imaging but with a new scope comes a new idea.  

I have scoured the net, literally every single page :laugh:, looking for a 25mm eyepiece (1.25" or 2") with threads to attach a t-ring.  I have seen them for 32mm but nothing smaller.  The 32mm wouldn't give me much mag with my scope, I know thats not important but I currently have a 23mm (2") which came with the scope and like the views through that.  

I currently use a Revelation Astro Eyepiece projection adapter but I'm struggling a bit with light issues on the new scope so thought taking adapters out of the question may help.

Could someone tell me if they do exist? Are they any good?  Should I just buy a "super" Plossi 25mm and persevere with what I already have?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Al

Thanks for the spreadsheet.  The 32mm looked good but I was advised (via another spreadsheet) that the magnification would be too small.  Wouldn't using a barlow reduce the field of vision thus negating the need for a wider EP?

Excuse my ignorance if this is a stupid question!

As mentioned the Hyperion 24mm will work but needs a 42/43mm adapter ring, all Hyperion types and all Pentax XW's have the thread and all need the adapter ring, but you only need one ring......not only will this magnify the object, but also and tracking errors ect....

If you have a look at Baader`s web site, they produce adapter rings to attach their products to almost any type of camera, it is also worth noting that eye piece end of all the Hyperions is threaded to take T ring adapters, if I remember correctly they have produced an adapter chart for guidance :)

Archived