NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SCB 2000 - PC Control???

Spacedout

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

someone on CN has done this. I don't know if its allowed to put a link to another forum.

so here's a you tube demo

Wow, this looks the business I'll look into this and may just have to get one!!  The microprocessor however looks way beyond me :shocked:

Cheers Johnno!

Karl

Another item I think is coming on big time is the Rasberry Pi. I did a search on it and astronomy and it looks to be a very wide ranging piece of kit. It is likely it could control CCTV cams with the right software.

People are using it for wireless control of scopes using Stellarium and controlling guide cams (wireless). It can also control stepper motors (scope focus control?). 

A micro computer at the scope cant be a bad idea.

Carl

Another item I think is coming on big time is the Rasberry Pi. I did a search on it and astronomy and it looks to be a very wide ranging piece of kit. It is likely it could control CCTV cams with the right software.

People are using it for wireless control of scopes using Stellarium and controlling guide cams (wireless). It can also control stepper motors (scope focus control?). 

Carl

Hi Carl,

I just read Paul's post about being able to control the camera through the DVR.  If this is correct I would not need the SPC 300.  Am I right in thinking the SDC435 is the same as the SCB 2000P?

Cheers

Karl

Same camera...had trouble trying to get a cheap spc300 seen one on the bay months ago went for funny money. .and could not confrim how the controller from another company would interface with Sammy..Davy

Yes Karl as Davy says same camera. It would solve a good deal of problems in one box, total menu control of each cam and multiple screens at once on the same cables. Not sure if it would work with all DVRs though bar a Samsung DVR.

You would need to confirm  through the manufacturer of the DVR if it can communicate with Samsung cams just to be sure. :smiley:

You probably have to use coax therefore Cat 6 (4 cams in one cable may be out) but menu control in one box would be worth that I think.

Carl 

Yes Karl as Davy says same camera. It would solve a good deal of problems in one box, total menu control of each cam and multiple screens at once on the same cables. Not sure if it would work with all DVRs though bar a Samsung DVR.

You would need to confirm  through the manufacturer of the DVR if it can communicate with Samsung cams just to be sure. :smiley:

You probably have to use coax therefore Cat 6 (4 cams in one cable may be out) but menu control in one box would be worth that I think.

Carl 

Thanks Carl, I have someone coming tomorrow to fit the cables so I may switch to 4 coax!! 

Another item I think is coming on big time is the Raspberry Pi. I did a search on it and astronomy and it looks to be a very wide ranging piece of kit. It is likely it could control CCTV cams with the right software.

Carl

Does that mean we're all gonna be dig into our wallets again:evil:

that microprocessor looks like a pi

I know nothing about computer stuff and how you go about programming and writing software:embarrassed:

what a coincidence they where talking about the pi on the news last night.

here's that link. http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5063156/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1//url

Archived