Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Messier filter list

Ally8446

Hi guys. Does anyone know of a list of messier/ngc objects specifically designed for viewing through uhc/Oiii filters for the northern hemisphere. It's a long shot I know. Thanks

Ally

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

What you're asking is which Messier objects are emission nebulae, or include emission nebulosity. (Planetary nebulae, e.g. M57, are one type of emission nebulae). So you just need a list which includes the object type. What you don't want to include are reflection nebulae, e.g. M78.

What you're asking is which Messier objects are emission nebulae, or include emission nebulosity. (Planetary nebulae, e.g. M57, are one type of emission nebulae). So you just need a list which includes the object type. What you don't want to include are reflection nebulae, e.g. M78.

That's it in a nutshell. Never was any good at explaining myself, thank you Acey.

Download "whatsup" it has various filters and ways to list DSO's....

It doesn't look like I can download it onto my phone unfortunately. I don't have access to a computer so I was hoping for some way of downloading an 'at a glance' list of emission nebulae compatible with android. I'll have to keep looking :-S

Archived