A couple of 200mm shots

We had our monthly club meet last night in the Lincolnshire Wolds and I got another chance to try for a couple more images.

Both images are taken with a Canon 1000d (unmod) with a Sigma zoom lens set at 200mm on an EQ6, I figure that still makes them widefields..:)

The first image is of The Veil, it is a stack of 18 x 5 min unguided subs with 11 darks, 18 bias and 11 flats. I thought it was a bit of a long shot with an unmodded camera and was surprised to catch what I have.

post-13491-0-58666000-1381084764_thumb.j

The second is a stack of 7 x 5 mins with darks, flats and bias. Again with the same set up and again I am shocked at the amount of information I have got with this for such a small amount of subs. Pretty happy with this one but if only I had a spare battery.. :rolleyes:

post-13491-0-71623900-1381085016_thumb.j

Thank you for looking..

Col, i can see some more great images coming from that set up, like when Orion gets it act together, i think you are capable of doing a great job on M42 your stars are very well controlled, no sign of bloating and good focus

Great images again.

5mins unguided is brilliant, but i guess that's one of the plus points of widefield.

Matt.

It certainly helps Matt..:)

Excellent shots. :)

Love seeing these wide field shots, if I could achieve even close to that I'd be happy.

Yes, I have a bit of a thing for them at the moment...:) I am very pleased with the M31, I think I will have another go at it soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Well... :D I've been at it again.

No added images but I have just read a processing tip and came back to try it out.. It is fun to keep having a play with the processing stuff. I may have gone a little too far, though I think I have found a little bit of red which is what I was wanting as well as picking up another useful top tip.. :) All good stuff for the curve..

post-13491-0-07367500-1382740882_thumb.j

Archived