NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

VX10 mirror

Here is the test sheet with my mirror,not too sure what it all means,any thoughts?Pic turned out poor,but the numbers are:Strehl .986

PV wavefront .123 wave

PV 77.76 nm

rms 0.018 wave

Astmag 0.027 wave

The important figures are the PV wavefront one, .123 translates to 1/8.1th wave PV and the Strehl of .986 (the closer to 1.00 the better). Both very good figures and bang on the spec you ordered I think.

For comparison, with my 12" F/5.3 the report reads .113 PV wave front so 1/8.8 th wave PV and the Strehl is .987 so pretty much the same as yours, assuming such reports are accurate !

It looks like a very nice mirror, they usually say the mirror will be 'at least' as good as the spec ordered. I went over to see them at their old premiss and ended up with an impromptu tour of the factory, one Saturday afternoon, and got to see the optical test bench and mirror grinding set up ect, all very impressive. I asked for an ultra grade when ordering my 300mm newt and when it arrived the Strehl info showed it was nearer 1/15th wave.This is my data sheet from OO  

post-30467-0-48099800-1380464949_thumb.j  

Archived