Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

good night after all.

Bungielad

Well after having the weather report and feeling elevated that it was going to be mostly clear to find that id been out with the scope for 4 hours and nothing but clouds it was quite a surprise to notice that having put my head down to sleep I fancied just one more ciggy so......I popped out for the devils chain and realised that the sky was a mast with stsrs and no clouds to be seen.

By this time I had took and bought my scope in snd out about 3 times thinking...yes its going to happen and then....no it's not but.......wohoo..the last time I popped out for a ciggy I loooked up anf and there it was.....the cosmos!

Got the scope out again for the 4th time and baged myself the pladies...beautiful! Looked across and there was Jupiter staring at me, correct me if im wrong but.........one moon peaking over the top right corner, another two looking like a pair of eyes to the bbottom right corner, following on from the cats eyes in the same direction another and opersite on the right hand down.

Sometimes its a good idea to just wait......wohoo...good night!

Bungielad.

Hey there! It's always worth checking the skies :smile:  I have just packed up after couple hours observing. You're right about Jupiters moons, 2 of them did look like a pair of eyes, so close to each other. 

Was to tired to complete the rest of my views last night but here goes with the completion. ...after viewing Jupiter and its moons packed up and settled down for sleep, one last cig I thought so, went out side and bang! There was orion looking at me, got all my gear back out and and some very faint but definitely noticeable views of orion nebula, love the constellation orion so when I finally packed up about 5 this morning was a very happy chap.

In total I was in and out from 7.30pm till 5am.....a good 9 1/2 hour shift......tiring but well worth it!

Bungielad.

Even though we had 3 clear nights i didnt actually go out for any of them! Friday night it was lucky iffy, so i decided not too, then actually fell asleep on the sofa for 3 hours, so its probably a good job i didnt set up. Saturday night i attempted too but turns out my power pack was dead, so that was my own fault, wanted to do some more imaging too. Then last night is a work night :(

Your experience shows though that its worth it to keep checking as the skeis can suddenly clear.

Archived