NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Altair 6" F/12 Rumak Mak

I have had a look through a friends Bosma version, I took my own std 6" mak down when I went to visit and we did a comparison. The decision on the night was the Bosma was better with a brighter image,  sharpness was also slightly better. My scope is the same as this- http://www.opticstar.com/Run/Astronomy/Astro-Telescopes-Opticstar.asp?p=0_10_1_1_210

so not the skywatcher 150 pro.

As a visual astronomer I acquired this telescope in May of this year mainly for planetary work, however I have had few opportunities to put it to use, now that Saturn is setting but I shall certainly be setting my sights on Uranus and Neptune this autumn until Jupiter is back on the scene. I did manage to catch a glimpse of Saturn with it one night back in June but the light evenings together with poor seeing conspired against me. Still its performance on double stars is noteworthy. Unfortunately I have not used a Skymax 150 or any other Maksutov design to offer a comparison.

Archived