Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flight Imaging Rig

Hi Guys

I'm quite lucky in the holiday i get from work and i wanted to start using it to spend 2/3 days at a time traveling short flights to places like Northern Finland, Iceland etc etc to do some imaging.

Whats the smallest imaging rig i could pack to do this? Anyone already doing this?

Cheers

Not of the kit loaded.. but here's the bag details.

http://www.tamrac.co.uk/pages/aerobp.html

The astrotrac fits in the laptop compartment. I have a 60d with a 70-200 fitted, a 17-85, a 50mm f/1.4, a Sigma 150mm macro lens, canon 430 exii flash, clash cord, 70-200 lens collar, raynox dcr250 in a box, timer remote shutter release and a few other bits in the main camera compartment. 

I took this on an easyjet flight last year, before they changed the guaranteed bag size (it's now 2cm too large :()... but I suspect it would be ok, if you were there first anyway.

Actually, the 80ed case could probably be adjusted to fit an Astrotrac alongside... But it's not going to be acceptable as hand luggage. I'm not sure the 80ed would fit in hand luggage to be honest, given the size restrictions.

Archived