Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Arduino dual dew strap controller

dtokez

Hi guys, something I knocked up with mostly spare / left over parts. As with most of my project's I use a enclosure that is far to small and end up having so squeeeeeze everything in lol, so its VERY compact - but its working nicely. I also have made a few straps with niChrome wire and a 10k thermistor in that I am currently testing out.

I used a arduino pro-mini and some sot-23 mosfets that can drive 4A each channel. I also integrated a LDR into the LCD to measure ambient light level and adjust the LCD backlight level. I'm using at DHT22 to measure ambient temp and humidity.

The left of the display shows the output power (1 line for each channel), the middle shows the strap temp and the right hand side shows the ambient temp and humidity. I have made some slight changes to the UI since I took the photos and improved the code to display -- instead of a crazy negative reading if the thermistor is not plugged in.

2013-08-29%2002.22.58_resize.jpg

2013-08-29%2002.23.42_resize.jpg

2013-08-29%2002.23.57_resize.jpg

2013-08-29%2002.24.27_resize.jpg

2013-08-29%2002.34.44_resize.jpg

2013-08-29%2002.35.31_resize.jpg

yeah I could not believe the prices mate, and I like to be able to monitor temperatures, just to be sure my lenses don't end up melting :)

I will start looking into making some more soon :) I didn't buy many of the parts for this one as I had bits lying around but I don't think it would cost more than about £20-30 to make again

• 3 months later...

Made some tweeks to the software, and added a small button so I can check the battery voltage - this will allow me to use 3s LiPO RC packs and add a low voltage cut off to save damaging the pack. I'll take some new photos later :)

Archived