Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

what processing software?

gary1968

Right then, long story short........... my lappy crashed, after reinstal i have lost my (ahem) CS5...

So, i used to use DSS and CS5 for image processing but with loss of CS5 I am now forced to move onto something else. But what? My current thinking is to buy Nebulosity to control the camera and to do my image processing all with that.

The camera is a 1000d, but might get a ccd in the future if funds (swmbo) allow......

What do you guys think, is Nebulosity a good way to go?

I look forward to reading your views on this as I am very unsure about which way to go.

Gaz

I'm a fan of Nebulosity and find it great for image capture and pre-processing (stacking etc.).

It does have some 'post processing' functions like levels, curves, DDP but they're a lot more basic than the likes of PS or PixInsight.  So after stacking in Nebulosity I switch over to CS3 & PI LE for the rest of the processing. 

mmm, 'fraid it was not quite legit Peter....... But I am try to mend my ways and get something legit. However, there is no way i can afford to, or even want to, pay Adobe prices for Photoshop. I did like CS5 but heyho its way more dosh than I can, or want to, spend.

gaz

Indded they  do but there are also a lotf dodgy copies sold through there. Quite a few SGL members got caught out a few years ago  but Amazon honoured refunds

Amazon also  act as a wharehouse for small sellers these days  the "facilitated by Amazon" rather than "Sold by Amzon"  products... Sometimes if an offer seems to good to be true  it turn out to be.....

Peter....

Why don't you get CS6 on Adobe subscription? It's like £14 a month or something and saves you having to spend hundreds up front?

Also Adobe lightroom is very good too, and cheaper.

I use Nebulosity for pre processing, processing in CS6 then lightroom for a final sparkle, theres a few things on there which are superior to PS. Noise reduction for example

What software are you using these days Peter?

These days it's more general rather than Astro work  so I use Photoshop CC  on yearly contract - you get two licenses with it and can move them around between machines, and DSS...I also  purchased DXO Optic Pro8 Elite for Raw Development...

As a percentage of my photo hardware investment it's a small price to pay...

Peter...

Archived