Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

easycap002 usb dvr

shirva

Review. ..ordered a easy cap 4 channel dvr for my multi camera imaging rig... system requirements..windows 2000/xp/vista/7 32 bit or better, Pentium 4 or better, 512 Mb ram..direct x9.0c..usb2..audio card/true colour vga card...easyviewer software, handles 4 channel seperate algorithms, various alert functions, schedule timer, captures up to 30 frames per second, records in avi format, snapshots in jpeg..motion detection...

Will install tonight and give it a wee trial run on cameras to make Shure it can record multiple cameras...Davy

Six quid..installed on my basestation ok drivers wise on Windows 7....software no playing the game ...may be my tv settings ..can see both images with two cameras rigged but not getting control panel up and can't shut them down without reboot..but twin images on screen quite cheeky lol...gonna try on my w7 laptop. ...xp laptop would not fire up CD disc for some reason. ..got pd1 on....Jesus that is a sensitive camera ...sammy good this is better that I can see...Davy

Review. .

Installed the drivers and software to Windows 7 laptop. .ok..

.as I thought tv settings on basestation the prob..

Ok ..the software loaded up ok and after program searching it eventually picked up both cameras. .Samsung no prob on channel 2...pd1 on channel 1 took an age...evertime you try n change a setting ect password box pops up...pain in backside....the feed takes ages to pick up menu button operations and sometimes dosent. ..record function =not a clue could not get it to work.....instruction manual rubbish goes through install section but software =rubbish. ..as a dont touch cctv its passable just to observe. ..recording forget it...idea is sound just get what you pay for....six quid learning curve...one to steer clear of for astronomy. ....Davy

I agree with you on that dvr is place to start this next round of equipment to try ...ones I've been looking at are 12v so that's a good start...the software is the biggie,, need fast switching between cameras and menu operations. ..quest is on.....Davy

• 4 weeks later...

sounds like a driver issues , looked on the net and other folks are having the same problems. unless you can find another software to work with it..Agree with Carl looks like a dedicated dvr is the way to go, plus it wont tie up your pc

Archived