How to write posts?

I am a tad confused and can someone help me out here please? sometimes I need to start a new line in a post without running right to the end of the box, I normally hit 'enter' to start a new line but that doesn't work for me here, how do I start a new line without filling the current line first?

1- Try hitting shift+enter. That might solve that problem.

2- There is a buttom near the top right of the post that says "Follow this Topic". Hit that and a little window pops up then you can select to recieve emails or not and then hit "Follow this topic" again.

Think it's been mentioned before , if you click on the little white box top left of the reply screen, the one that says "toggle editing mode" if you hover cursor over it, then the return key works, font looks strange but posts OK.

God bless IE10 :)

Dave

Think it's been mentioned before , if you click on the little white box top left of the reply screen, the one that says "toggle editing mode" if you hover cursor over it, then the return key works, font looks strange but posts OK.

God bless IE10 :)

Dave

You try computability mode IE9 or something older, never tried it though, it may work ?. I just use what you said,that way you effectively type in raw html code for a lot of stuff which is fine by me, seems to work better that way, also when you try to place images in a post and so on.

You can toggle between the raw and standard edit modes as and when suited anytime. I've used a lot of browsers to access this forum in Linux, each one seem to come with their own quirks sometimes, which does make me wonder what software is used to run this forum. Don't mean to be critical, but for sure most websites seem to be a bit more complaint across browsers compared to this one.

Compatatbility mode in IE10 works but remember you need to select it before you type anything as when you change mode the page refreshes...

If your running Windows8 your stuck with IE10 unless you use an alternative browsers.. on older OS's you can roll back to IE9 and runs a utility to stop the killer "silent" upgrade to IE10...

Here's a few links

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=36512

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/internet-explorer-9-details.aspx

Peter...

I think I remember reading at work that if you click the little broken document icon in between the address bar and the refresh button it switches to compatibility mode and I think it remembers the setting for the site.

Might be wrong though, not used IE for a while.

Archived