Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

using Atik 314l+ with Nebulocity 3

johnp51

can anybody help, I have just bought an ATIK 314l+ one shot colour camera, after being told its a very good camera, I sold a QHY8L, which I used with nebulosity 3, I am now trying to use the Atik with the same software, but it totally freezes up, I read that some one on this forum uses Nebulosity 3 with their Atik 314l+, how , I am using a ASUS laptop which uses windows 7, could that be the problem, I was trying to image M31, the other day, using the programme ARTEMIS which comes with the camera, what I was viewing was very pixelated blob, and did not look like M31, my telescope it 10 inch Skywatcher reflector on NEQ6 goto. help....

Well, you won't see much of M31 with that scope / camera combination. You'll only be seeing the central core.

Have you got the latest drivers from Atik? It usually pays to download the latest ones as the supplied CD ones can be out of date.

can anybody help, I have just bought an ATIK 314l+ one shot colour camera, after being told its a very good camera, I sold a QHY8L, which I used with nebulosity 3, I am now trying to use the Atik with the same software, but it totally freezes up, I read that some one on this forum uses Nebulosity 3 with their Atik 314l+, how , I am using a ASUS laptop which uses windows 7, could that be the problem, I was trying to image M31, the other day, using the programme ARTEMIS which comes with the camera, what I was viewing was very pixelated blob, and did not look like M31, my telescope it 10 inch Skywatcher reflector on NEQ6 goto. help....

Hi,

Atik works flawlessly with both NEB 3 under Atik Universal Camera, and Atik's own free Artemis capture . The Artemis and the latest drivers are downloadable from Atik Site. Your 314L has a much smaller sensor than the QHY8L APS size chip so your FOV will be quite narrow. M31 will only fit on to your 314L's chip if you use a telescope of about 350 mm FL or shorter, using your existing telescope with a focal length of 1250 mm and the Atik you will just about fit the core of the M31 on to the chip. Sorry for the news.

Regards,

A.G

Why woiuld you want to use Nebulosity other than through familiarity? I'm obliged to put up with it because I use a Mac on one rig (owner's choice) but give me Artemis any day!!! The screen stretch is so much better and it doesn't try to second guess your intentions all the time. Artemis is a nice programme. I've been swearing at Nebulosity for nearly two years and 500 hours of imaging. :grin::BangHead:

Olly

I use it because i wanted PHD dither integration. I just use it to capture... calibration, registration and stacking is done in PI.

That makes sense, though we found that we couldn't get Nebulosity to restart after a dither. It just kept hunting for the right offset and never found it so we gave up.

Olly

Archived