Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ring nebula ,but ill get the sack unless the weather changes soon

asset189

Got my first views of the ring nebula in lyra last night as i get to grips with the 8"dob i got in the summer. I was impressed with the view i got though my seben zoom lense too really clear and bright. I also took the 70 x bins out and had a good scout around cassiopia area. I seem to be settling for this combination of dob and bins each night now as it provides flexibility. Problem is im crawling into bed at 1;30 am then out to work half asleep at 6. Unless i get some nights sleep soon ill fall asleep at work and get the tin tack!

You have to make the most of the clear skies while they last! Sounds like you've had some good views. I quite like to have my bins next to my scope so I can get a wide field view of my target area, helps me find my way around sometime.

4 Hours sleep is quite good :grin:

think yourself lucky. last year was a washout ,I read of people buying a scope which remained unused for many months without a sniff of a clear sky. no doubt normal service will resume shortly and youll get plenty of sleep then. :grin:

Archived