Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finderscope

I’m finding it very difficult to position myself to get comfortable view through the finderscope on my Tal 2M. It’s the standard 8X50.

Is there (as always) a budget attachment to allow me to view at a right angle to the finderscope?

Thanks

I've recently umm'd and arr'd about purchasing a right angle finder, but have come to my own conclusion it is another 'grass is greener' situation. Sure, at times it is more comfortable to use a right angle finder, but the flip side to me was I would lose the 'line of site' method for finding objects. After all' if your using a rifle gun you would pressume it would be easier to look down the barrel / finder to locate and hit a target. I'm sticking with my standard finder and red dot till I'm persuaded otherwise..

Rob.

I have 'bonded' a right angle finder that I used to use for macro-photography to my Skywatcher 9 x 50 finder and it has made the thing to much easier to use as it swivels too. Unfortunately it cost me deep in the purse when I bought it for it's original use but a search on Ebay may find a used one at a sensible price. Mine is attached with 22mm overflow waste pipe as an adapter :shock:

I use a red dot and a right angle. The right angle doesn't bother me as I never worry about which way up what I am looking at is but rather concentrate on which way it moves in the eyepiece as I move the scope using the mount controls. It's a matter of small steps Ellie.

Archived