Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Maxim with QHY5

Hi all, anyone out there who can offer advise on installing the QHY5 camera to Maxim?

i have loaded the drivers as far as i can tell and i see CMOS camera in the drop down box but Maxim does not see it.

unforunatly this is on a new install so i could be missing essential software!! ..lates Ascom is installed.

Ray

Hi Ray,

Firstly, lets ascertain it's a QHY5 not a QHY5v or a QHY5II. There are so many it can get quite confusing.

Assuming it's the QHY5, are they the up-to-date drivers and did you install both the ascom driver & the new "driver update"

If not, I would uninstall your current drivers and re-install the new drivers, ascom driver first.

Now to Maxim.

Open camera control

Click setup camera button

Choose Ascom from drop-down menu

Click advanced button

Choose QHY5 from the drop-down menu

Click OK in Camera Selection Box

Cllick OK in Camera Chooser Box

Click Connect, camera should be connected.

Hope this helps

cheers

Steve

Hi Steve that has helped but not resolved it, when i select Ascom the V2 simulator and simulator are the only ones showing in the advanced tab.

I am guessing that its a drivers issue.

It is the older QHY5, i did install the drivers first, then ascom!!have you a link to the correct drivers?

http://www.qhyccd.com/astrosoftbe.html

This is the link to the drivers i installed.

Would you confirm that these are indeed correct

Ray

Archived