Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Would love some advice on diagonals...

Stratis

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen this post. I bought a C9.25 on a CG5 last year and for the most part I was happy with it. However I thought that I was restricting it's light path by using a 1.25 diagonal/eyepiece, so I looked at the 2" ep's and diagonals.

I have been a fan of Baader products ever since I took up astronomy and liked the thought of the 2" Aspheric eyepiece coupled to the Williams Optics 2" dielectric via the Baader Quicklock visual back. Those 3 items were rather pricey, but they work exceptionally well in my ota. The Baader Quicklock is a genuis piece of gear that grips the nosepiece all the way and does not cause damage to it like it does by just using the supplied visual back that locks onto the diagonal by means of a knurled lock screw (which incidentally doesn't lock on that well as the first time out it worked loose and my newly purchased Baader Hyperion 17mm fell out of the back of the scope still attached to the supplied 1.25 diagonal). Luckily onto soft grass, so no damage was done but it was that episode that prompted me into getting the extra gear. Also I really wanted to stretch the capability of the ota and by using purely 1.25 eyepieces all the time I am effectively restricting what it can do. There are occasions when you want to get a large piece of sky into the viewfinder and having the 2" eyepiece can be very handy sometimes.

i have the badder steel track focuser and the baader clickllock diagonal and it is wonderful gear, appparently the badder diagonal has the largest light path of any diagonal ?. when i bought it i still had my revalations 2" diagonal and apart from the badder craftmanship the only difference i noticed was the siameze twinswere brighter in the badder and thats it

Archived