Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Problem with Synguider

Hi all !

A friend of mine just got a Synguider To use with his CGEM mount.

The problem is he lanches the gizmo, aquires a star, and when it starts guiding, the guide star quickly drifts to the edge of the screen and gets lost.

Any clue what can cause this ?

Best regards

Sorry for the multiple posts, got to reach 250 messages to edit...

But regardless, the SG Should be doing the calibration anyway if this wasn't the case right ?

Aligning the axis makes life easier for it, but shouldn't be compulsory.

We just cant figure out where the problem's coming from. And we tried everything.

It's not the CGEM's motherboard as a whole, since it's tracking very well unguided,

It's not the cables (they have been changed)

It's not the power

Cold it be the ST4 port on the mount ? Obviously SOMETHING is happening under the SG's influence, since the star is going away under its impulsion.

As if the calibration was wrong somehow...

Does it move off quickly? If it drifts then looses the star that sounds like the aggressiveness, the calibration routine always seems to set these too high. As for the orientation of the camera you would think that the calibration routine would sort this out but it does struggle if the horizontal axis is a long way off being parallel to the RA axis.

Have you checked the autoguide rates set in the CGEM hand controller I think they should be set at about 50% in both RA & Dec.

I think there is a way of testing the st4 port on your mount using the SG hand controller to directly to the mount by plugging it into the st4 port but I'm not sure whether this is plugged in direct or if you need some third party device to issue commands. I think someone more knowledgable needs to help you with that before you try plugging things into the ST4 port.

Darren

@SalAstroSoc & @astronut1639

www.salfordastro.org.uk

Archived