Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is a DMK best for PST imaging?

Normally you buy a switch that supports PoE to inject the power. I guess it's possible your laptop does PoE, but I've never heard of one that does. I'd have a look to see what price you can get a PoE switch for.

James

Something like this should work:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-SF1008P-8-Port-Desktop-Including/dp/B001PS4NRM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1375869928&sr=8-5&keywords=8+port+poe+switch

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit the Blackfly is the more appealing package with the bigger imaging chip. I think I just need to figure out in my head how the power piece works. Laptop and camera at scope, cables running to power injector and then to camera and power to the injector - wherever it may be located.

Without information about how the Blackfly actually works it's difficult to be certain, but let's say you can hard-wire it's IP address. Assuming you're not going to connect to another wired network at the same time, I'd probably have a short cat5 cross-over cable going from the laptop to the PoE injector, so both the laptop and injector can be powered from a convenient supply. I'd then run a single cat5 cable from the PoE injector to the camera.

If the laptop were to be on a wired network then I'd probably have the PoE injector near the switch, or just use a switch that supported PoE directly, and run cat5 from the switch to the laptop and camera.

James

I have emailed Clearview Imaging on some points around connectivity and usage of the camera so hopefully will be able to make a final decision.

The good news is that I tried FireCapture on my old Dell D600 laptop last night and that seems to work ok. I will budget for a new laptop soon anyway just in case it isn't up to the task.

Does anyone know what sort of adapter I need to connect a CS mount camera to a 1.25" eyepiece holder? I can find C mount adapters but not CS.

Does anyone know what sort of adapter I need to connect a CS mount camera to a 1.25" eyepiece holder? I can find C mount adapters but not CS.

C/CS threaded nosepiece. There is a lot of them, FLO also has them. C is the same thread as CS. They only differ in sensor distance from the thread.

Archived