NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First attempt at processing: M57

I only really began imaging about a month ago, so an awful lot still to learn!

First evening out with my new modified 1100d and first real attempt at processing that I am in any way happy with.

48 x 30s lights, 20 dark, 20 bias. No flats yet. Stacked with DSS, stretch and levels using GIMP.

Any advice for improvement most gratefully received :smiley:

Gareth

post-31426-0-48002500-1375706816_thumb.p

That is very nice Gareth, well done! A lot better than my first (and only, so far) attempt at M57.

I'm not sure if it is my monitor but the background appears to have a slight red tinge to it, so you might want to try reducing the red level a bit. Even so, I would be proud of that one! Look forward to seeing great things from you in the future.

Jamie - I don't mind at all, I like what you have done with it. I've had another go and reduced the red in my original image. It looks much better now.

Russe - thanks for the tip. I don't use PS as I'm put off by the price and never found Elements 7 to be particularly user friendly. I know lots of people use PS - is it worth the cost?

Gareth

Jamie - I don't mind at all, I like what you have done with it. I've had another go and reduced the red in my original image. It looks much better now.

Russe - thanks for the tip. I don't use PS as I'm put off by the price and never found Elements 7 to be particularly user friendly. I know lots of people use PS - is it worth the cost?

Gareth

Well worth the cost tbh. Lots of Astro plugins available too. Perhaps get hold of a 2nd hand copy of CS3 upwards?

Jamie

Gareth

Next time you travel abroad, have a look at local prices! (120 Nepali rupees)...

Archived