Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Took this a couple of weeks back. Cygnus area of the milky way with an unmodded 1100D so have had to eke out the Ha in the scene. 5 x 120s subs.

post-27023-0-00026200-1373914905_thumb.p

Was surprised how much shows up with just two minute exposures! Managed to pick out over half a dozen DSOs.

It's a very busy and beautiful part of the sky.

For my taste I think you possibly might have overstretched the histogram just a shade in the processing, but I'm no expert on these things and I could be completely wrong.

James

You are right. I am overdoing it at the moment. Still trying to find a middle ground where I can get as much data out of the image as possible but keep it looking natural. Think it's more of a 'feel' during processing than just technique.

You are right. I am overdoing it at the moment. Still trying to find a middle ground where I can get as much data out of the image as possible but keep it looking natural. Think it's more of a 'feel' during processing than just technique.

I think you're probably right. And it's an evolving thing. As your imaging technique improves then your processing may well need to or benefit from change as well.

James

Archived