Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

swtich off cameras

jaspalchadha

hello can someone tell me if such product exsits.. I am using team viwer to control my telescope however is there something I can kill the electrical current after eg, I don't want my qhy8l running after I am ended my session. ( The unit will still be running ) unless physically I turn off the power supply

I run my camera / mount etc through the mains, and until I changed my way of working I had a timer on the plug and switched it off that way. I also used a programme on the PC to turn that off and the EQMOD timer would park the scope at a certain time. It all used to work well, as long as I had the timings right!!!

I did a different approach and built a power box for the observatory with a 220 - 12v power supply which fed 8 relays. It also powered a 12v - 5v converter that powered an arduino controller and ethernet sketch. I have a routine for the arduino which then controls the relays via a webpage.

I can go to the arduino web page and power down any bit of the observatory i want.

It's another option if you have a bit of electronics skill and some spare cash, you can just download the arduino code i have.

Saras option is easier if your not very technically minded.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Also there are some off the shelf observatory control options that are, it think, about 250 euro that you could use for the same thing. (you wont have to do anything with that just connect it up)

Here is a link but it's in spanish....theres an english version on there site somewhere;

http://tienda.lunatico.es/epages/Store.mobile/es_ES/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store.Lunatico/Products/ACNSELFL

I was assuming you had an observatory bur you could sort something out with these. I'm sure there are power control devices you can control via pc.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

I bought one of these and it showed great potential BUT the first one arrived broken and the second one had poor USB socket. I suspect I was just unlucky but I lost confidence in it so returned it. When the USB connection didn't fail, it was superb - for example, firing up PC turned on the mount PSU and turned off the de-humidifier and the reverse at PC closedown. Running MaxIm DL turned on the camera and closing MaxIM DL turned off the camera. All great when the darned USB connecter held - buy with caution and thoroughly check before destroying the packaging!

Archived