NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is there a hard case available for the Sky-Watcher Explorer 200p OTA?

I am looking for a case to transport my new scope. I am looking at getting an aliminium case custom made, which is not surprisingly very expensive. Does anyone know whether there is something suitable off the shelf, which would accomodate the scope. I am currently dragging it about in the box it came in, which will deteriorate soon enough if I don't find an alternative means of storage/transportation.

If there is it will be a fair size and I expect reasonable expensive.

You could make one from ply if you fancy a go, need to locate the corner bits and handles and clasps.

Alternatively visit a few of the budget stores and measure up the trolly cases.

You would need a source of foam but could make one up to hold the OTA and an assortment of bits, eyepieces, torch etc.

Get a sheet of thin ply as a back piece and add foam.

I bought the smallest one from Bargin something? for the grab and go scope, It now holds the tripod spreader, botls, eyepieces and power lead, converter and extension lead as well as 4 eyepieces and the solar filter. Good idea as everything I can keep in one place.

When I had the 200P I was thinking the same, but thought the 200P was not expensive enough to get an expensive case for. So I built a wooden box and padded it with foam. It worked great actually. Now having sold the 200P, I used the box wood to build an eyepiece case :D Also works a treat :)

Archived