Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik-Dawn

Download Dawn B3.0.7 from here - http://www.atik-cameras.com/support/dawn and also download the videos from the bottom of the page which explain how to use it. It's simple to use and when left in automatic mode can produce a pretty good image in a few seconds. If you're a novice at processing (like me) it's invaluable at showing you what you've got without (or before) spending hours in Photoshop, etc.

John

Download Dawn B3.0.7 from here - http://www.atik-came...om/support/dawn and also download the videos from the bottom of the page which explain how to use it. It's simple to use and when left in automatic mode can produce a pretty good image in a few seconds. If you're a novice at processing (like me) it's invaluable at showing you what you've got without (or before) spending hours in Photoshop, etc.

John

Hi John,

Many thanks for your reply,

I have already downloaded the latest version but it fails to debayer the subs from my 428ex osc, I am sure that I am doing something wrong. I sent an email to Jonathan to Atik but I got an automated reply that he is no longer with them, will try it later and see what I could do .

Regards,

A.G

I've looked long and hard at this software. I can't make head nor tail of it to be honest. That said, I am no expert, and very much a beginner. I may look at it further in due course.

Hi,

One of the problems that I have encountered with astronomical software since I started this hobby last Feb is that it all seems to have been written with egg head IQ in mind. I don't think that this is either necessary or helpful. In Dawn Atik seems to have at least tried to tackle the problem in a logical manner but why not just standarise a work flow with drag and drop ability? Everything would have been easier. For my money the best workflow, not withstanding the awful GUI is the Deep Sky Stacker, the performance may not be top notch but the workflow is easy to follow. I think that Dawn has real potential but it needs to be sorted out.

A.Gop

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

One of the problems that I have encountered with astronomical software since I started this hobby last Feb is that it all seems to have been written with egg head IQ in mind. I don't think that this is either necessary or helpful. In Dawn Atik seems to have at least tried to tackle the problem in a logical manner but why not just standarise a work flow with drag and drop ability? Everything would have been easier. For my money the best workflow, not withstanding the awful GUI is the Deep Sky Stacker, the performance may not be top notch but the workflow is easy to follow. I think that Dawn has real potential but it needs to be sorted out.

A.Gop

With AP image processing I just do not think there is an easy way to automate it or else it would have been done by now. It is a complex beast that one simply has to learn.

With AP image processing I just do not think there is an easy way to automate it or else it would have been done by now. It is a complex beast that one simply has to learn.

Well, I have managed to sort out the workflow for Dawn, mine is the latest version but it does not recognises the 428ex osc's offset for debayring, I had to set it up manually by trial and error but it seems to have worked. It is also a speedy software on my laptop. The only point of contention is that the actions sometimes refuse be loaded if the prior action has files loaded in, I will give a good going over once I get a few free hours this week.

Many Thanks and Regards,

A.G

Archived