Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Video targets for this weeks clear skies?

Carl Reade

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of the recent attempts, at the fields I get (30' x 20'), the most pleasing were the more compact globulars: M56 (Lyra) and M71 (Sagitta) - The latter once thought to be an open cluster, but now a globular apparently. :)

Gave (an informal) talk on Video Astronomy at club meeting - Converted some "classical"

imagers to VISUAL astronomy? (They went outside, anyways!) A good thing? [teasing] :D

What galaxy is that Karl? The detail is very good!

I know it is a tiring sport but we have to do it. :)

Hi Carl,

I found it! It was M106 and Little Dumbell. I normally use my Ski Safari to search for and Goto Targets. Without that I'd be lost! When I started in astronomy I was lucky enough to start with Goto and Ski Safari which made life easy. The downside to that however is you do not have to learn too much! A bit like starting with Sat Nav, you would never find your way without it!!

Hi Karl

Nice images - what set up are you using. Tapatalk does not show your signature.

Clear skies

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks and yes I need to list my astro bits! In short I have a C11 with an AZ EQ6 mount. The camera is a Mallincam Extreme which I'm still trying get to grips with. There are some images of the kit in my gallery. Lot's to learn but little time to play usual story I guess! We need a video star party!!

Cheers

Karl

Archived