Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars 1st December 07

mpeniak

Managed to capture this one just before clouds covered everything. I used 4x imagemate and fusion. Originally I intened to use 2xbarlow on top of that but did not get a chance :icon_jokercolor:

The image is stacked from 180 frames from 1200. Many frames had low brightnes due to the clouds.

Martin :embarassed:

2567_normal.jpeg

Well it kinda looks like a dirty tennis ball Martin, but thats probably due to lack of data. I am trying to talk like an expert here, which I am not.

It just looks as though it needs some gaps filled, but you will know better what I am trying to say.

It is still a good image, but a little bare.

Ron. :icon_jokercolor:

Good one Martin. :rolleyes: Are you going to stick with the Fusion?

That's the question :icon_jokercolor: I dunno, I need to learn how to use it better. It seems to be powerful cam but it might be more better for some sort of objects than toucam but worse for the rest if you see what I mean. I captured better Mars 2monts ago when it had smaller apparent size than now :embarassed:

Martin

Good one Martin. :rolleyes: Are you going to stick with the Fusion?

That's the question :icon_jokercolor: I dunno, I need to learn how to use it better. It seems to be powerful cam but it might be more better for some sort of objects than toucam but worse for the rest if you see what I mean. I captured better Mars 2monts ago when it had smaller apparent size than now :embarassed:

Martin

I found it a lot better lunar cam than planetary cam but I only used it a few times on Saturn and Jupiter, I wasn't getting images as good as with my Toucam and just thought lifes too short to be spending the few clear nights we get messing about with the settings on a camera.

I think that is a lot better Martin. Certainly is a lot smoother, and the detail is more pronounced.

I guess the blurring could be down to seeing conditions caused by our atmosphere, rather than anything else.

It's about 3 weeks or so till closest approach, so plenty of time to prepare, and Iron out any potential hazards. The weather can't be controlled unfortunately.

Ron. :icon_jokercolor:

Your image of Mars reminded me of the kind of eyepiece view I get when looking east from my garden through the orange glare of street lights with a scope that hasn't reached ambient temperature. In other word my usual view with Mars still rising. :embarassed: Well,almost. I haven't seen a rose pink one yet. :icon_jokercolor:

I did a quick colour shift of your image (hope you don't mind) and it does indeed now resemble what is seen as mentioned above only on a larger scale of course.

Cheers

CW

Archived