Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flocking Tips?

laser_jock99

Not sure if it helps, but when I flocked my 10" Orion about 6 years ago with black velvet & cold glue, i wrapped it around a broom handle first. As the velvet unrolled, it was relatively easy to prevent bubbling. It might work with flocking paper if you peel it off as you unroll

Only advice I'd give is to go slowly, carefully measure each section beforehand and have multiple 'test' fits of each section before committing to sticking it.

Oh, and don't peel off all the backing in one go - do it in small increments brushing any air bubbles out before doing the next bit.

I'd echo the above, but find it easier to cut the flocking in to strips (6-8cm) and layup longitudinally along the tube. Always best to mark the mirror cell with tape so that it goes back in the correct way. I'd also recommend giving it a quick brush/hoover and a pat down with sticky tape before re-assembly as this will pick up the worst of the shed fibres.

Archived