Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fujiyama HD-OR Orthoscopic Eypieces

John

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he will be getting the other FL's until the Autumn Alan but it would be worth asking anyway I guess.

I wish someone would come out with these optics in the classic "volcano top" body shape - that shape did help get the eye closer to the eye lens of the shorter focal length orthos I felt.

That's probably the single reason my brief sojourn with the BGOs ended. Comfort.

Russell

• 2 months later...

Received a 4 and a 7mm several days ago. After a couple of hours with them in my 12" Dob (only DSO), some thoughts :

Ergonomic is good : I like flat top. No safety undercut, far more easy to swap EP. ER is tight but usable. It is a question of getting used to.

Optic quality : I do not have enough experience to give a valuable opinion and do not have same focal lenght to make a real shoutout.

Difficult to evaluate scatter control on DSO, but it seems nice to me. At these powers sky was like dark ink.

Light transmission : Nice view of somme difficult galaxy (7331/32) but not able to say if it is as good as BGO or BCO. I have 6mm BGO and 10mm BCO, different focal length.

Field geometry : No doubt, it is a ortho, flat field, but narrow.

Archived