NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

watec 120

shirva

Hi Davy

Have a look at www.gixen.com

You copy the item number from eBay and put your bid in. The server automatically posts your bid in the final seconds. No guarantees that the bid will be registered - it's a free service. Helps prevent that last minute escalation that happens on eBay often the item goes for more than its worth.

As I said some people think its unfair - personally I don't see a problem with it.

HTH

Paul

I bought a cheap .5 off ebay [i think it cost me 12 quid] and tried it my 127 mak at the sun and it was slightly oval maybe it was the wrong type to use for Mak. Then tried it at night with and without and I must say I had to reduce the exposure right down on the Sammy so it did work in that respect. Davy are you looking at the one from Joy, if so he's always selling them

hi paul...is it one you have yourself.....having grief tonight my eq3/2 pro has went on the bung,,,the handset aint powering up from interface box...checked feed at the power lead tip its ok and put power lead into hand controller and it powers up ok...the box is faulty these boxes are problematic when I first got mount it would only work one motor flo replaced it for me n all ok....when will I get a break of good luck...jdavy

johnno.....did you get the Sammy to focus up ok on the ed80....still having bother tried on the st102 and could not get it...tried a cctv lens on the Sammy any gets focus no probs.....whats your set up like...davy

Hi Davy, yes I can get it to focus up ok on the ed80, but you will need a extension tube about 4 inches long. The flip mirror and the adapters are 4 inches in length, I have to keep the flip mirror in place all the time.

If you look at the photo the drawtube is only about 3/4 inch out where I get focus with the Sammy.

post-24363-0-14176100-1371403388_thumb.j

Hi Davy, yes I can get it to focus up ok on the ed80, but you will need a extension tube about 4 inches long. The flip mirror and the adapters are 4 inches in length, I have to keep the flip mirror in place all the time.

If you look at the photo the drawtube is only about 3/4 inch out where I get focus with the Sammy.

If I remove the flip mirror I don't get enough outward travel on the focuser

What you can try is wind the focuser all the way out and slacken off the cam, while looking at your monitor slowly slide the cam out of the adapter and that will give you a rough idea where the focus is. If you can hold the cam steady enough in line with the eyepiece adapter you should get focus

I have the 2"star diagonal ..that will be roughly the same as a flip mirror focal lenght wise...I have a couple of 2" extension tube I will measure when I get back to my flat .

Cheers John...Davy

Hi John...measured the extension tubes I have and combined they total 70mm ...my kit came with the sw 2" diagonal. ...do you think I require a 30mm extension tube...Davy

Hi John...measured the extension tubes I have and combined they total 70mm ...my kit came with the sw 2" diagonal. ...do you think I require a 30mm extension tube...Davy

Archived