NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AstroCamp Brecon Beacons Sept 2013

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Carole,

There are showers, toilets and the usual amenities on site... All included in the price. There is a camp shop on site, which stocks the usual camping gear (and I think it does a little bit of food too), but its only open 3 hours a day. I think it's 2 hours in the morning and 1 in the afternoon (but this may be the other way around).

There are supermarkets about a 15 min drive away. Not sure exactly where, but apparently loads of people went there at the last camp, so I'm sure they will be able to tell you exactly where.

HTH, and see you there!

Hi Carole,

The nearest big supermarket is Abergavenny although there is a small supermarket/grocery store in Tretower.

The campsite shop covers basic supplies and snacks

In addition to the usual amenities (shower/toilet etc) the campsite also has free wifi throughout.

Damien

Hi Carole,

The nearest big supermarket is Abergavenny although there is a small supermarket/grocery store in Tretower.

The campsite shop covers basic supplies and snacks

In addition to the usual amenities (shower/toilet etc) the campsite also has free wifi throughout.

Damien

I would like to correct you, the nearest big supermarket is Morrison's in Brecon and also Aldi's is in Brecon plus the Co-op pencelli is about 3 mile out of Brecon so is a lot nearer than Abergaveny!

I left Sunday night -- I'd say it could've been better though.

I am curious in what way you thought it could have been better? Always room for improvement and perhaps suggestions could be incorporated into the next Astrocamp. By the way, you missed the best night by leaving Sunday. Monday was clear until early Tuesday morning.

A good time is being had by all. BBC Stargazing live have been busy filming,but they have gone now. Last night was raining, but hoping for a clear (ish) night tonight.

Thanks for Organising this.

Carole

Well it certainly was a better night on Monday. Hope you managed to get those subs you were after.

Hi Emad, sorry I missed you at the event. I was looking forward to meeting all the SGL people that came. It's a shame that you left on Sunday though, We had some great solar observing on Monday afternoon, as well as the best night of the three!

We'd also be interested in hearing any feedback you have to give on the event. If something isn't right, we'd like to fix it.

I would like to correct you, the nearest big supermarket is Morrison's in Brecon and also Aldi's is in Brecon plus the Co-op pencelli is about 3 mile out of Brecon so is a lot nearer than Abergaveny!

Hi Daiwelly,

I based my directions on the distances/times given in Google Maps. Both Pencelli and Abergavenny are listed as being 19 minutes away from the campsite at Cwmdu, whereas Brecon comes up as being 23 minutes away. Useful to get a local viewpoint though!

I did make an error in that post though. The grocery store I was thinking of wasn't at Tretower, but at Crickhowell which is only 10 minutes from the campsite.

Damien

Well it certainly was a better night on Monday. Hope you managed to get those subs you were after.

Hi Emad, sorry I missed you at the event. I was looking forward to meeting all the SGL people that came. It's a shame that you left on Sunday though, We had some great solar observing on Monday afternoon, as well as the best night of the three!

We'd also be interested in hearing any feedback you have to give on the event. If something isn't right, we'd like to fix it.

Hi Daiwelly,

I based my directions on the distances/times given in Google Maps. Both Pencelli and Abergavenny are listed as being 19 minutes away from the campsite at Cwmdu, whereas Brecon comes up as being 23 minutes away. Useful to get a local viewpoint though!

I did make an error in that post though. The grocery store I was thinking of wasn't at Tretower, but at Crickhowell which is only 10 minutes from the campsite.

Damien

I am sorry Damien I misquoted you are quiet correct I was looking at the Pencelli meet and some how jumped to this thread again I am sorry, hope we meet up some time

I was looking for you too Emad but didn't see you. I had a great time there. Sorry that you didn't enjoy it as much. Did you set up on the common? Or did you go to the quiz? Both were fantastic! Really enjoyed the set up on the common. Everyone was helping everyone else and calling out when they had something interesting in their scope.

I will definitely be going again.

I was looking for you too Emad but didn't see you. I had a great time there. Sorry that you didn't enjoy it as much. Did you set up on the common? Or did you go to the quiz? Both were fantastic! Really enjoyed the set up on the common. Everyone was helping everyone else and calling out when they had something interesting in their scope.

I will definitely be going again.

Unfortunately I had to spend the night off the camp due to some circumstances. I was there during the day though. Glad you had fun, but for me circumstances could've been better :)

Archived