Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

127 Mak M12

JamesF

They just keep coming :)

Another from last night. M12 looks far more "loose" than the globs in some of my other images. There's far less evidence of a tightly-packed core in this one.

60 subs of 45 seconds, unmodded 450D and unguided 127 Mak, stacked in DSS with darks.

m12.png

James

James, you really do work against the grain,

when people say they want to image with a mak, we say no good, to slow, then you go posting lovely images taken with a mak :grin: another great image

Thank you, Jules :)

I think globs are perhaps the exception that proves the rule in the imaging/fast scope debate. They're relatively bright objects, ideally want lots of image scale and aren't really suited to very long exposures because parts of the image will saturate too quickly. To be honest I'd not even thought of attempting to image them with the Mak until Paulus posted some of his work with his, but then I realised it made a certain amount of sense. I can, to be fair, pick holes in all of the images I've posted, not the least being the background noise level and my lack of skill with the processing. I think a different camera would be better, but I'm not quite at the 314L+/filter wheel stage yet. Once I am, I'll be revisiting all of these with either the Mak or C9.25. Probably the latter as I'd happily have a load more image scale given a more sensitive camera.

In the meantime, it's fun, there are bags of realistic targets and I'm very much enjoying the learning that's going with it.

James

Archived