Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I saw "Albert Einstein" last night

melsky

In other words the just launched ATV-4 (Automated Transfer Vehicle) , didn't know what it was at the time just happen to notice it following along the same track as the ISS had taken 25 mins before, looks like I caught it on it's second orbit, did anyone else notice it?

It should be closing in on the space station as it's due to dock on the 15th, tonight it will be 20 minutes behind the ISS check for details with Calsky ( ATV-4)

Mel

link

http://www.nasaspace...ate-launch-iss/

Well spotted. I saw this too. Using the info from ESA and CalSky it looks as if Albert Einstein will be chasing the ISS around until docking on 15 June. Could be quite a special sight on Fri 14 June as I think they'll be within a minute of each other.

Me too!

There is another lower pass about 02:10

I'm up all night so will probably see it.

Just like ISS that is going over again about 11 minutes :)

Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk HD

I didn't see it! Will try again after the 1:09 am pass. Can you see it with naked eye, or will I need bins?

It's bright and easy with the naked eye. Certainly not as bright as ISS but brighter than most other satellites.

Yes, I saw it about 02:10. Was no where near as bright and only saw it by accident (wasn't looking exactly the right place). Again, just can't get over the speed of both of them! Just about managed to get it in my bins, but only for the last few seconds of its pass! Will be trying again though!

I've seen the ATV4 a couple of times now and it is quite easy to spot if you look in the right place, even under LP.

I hope it's clear when the docking stage is near. That would be a very interesting sight.

Weather looks awful where I am! Not happy at all!

Archived