Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Polarscope Graticule Roataion

I have an EQ3/2 which came with a polarscope fitted.

It screws into the polar axis and when screwed in fully is a nice snug fit... but if I then wish to rotate the graticule, I have to unscrew the polarscope....which then becomes slightly wobbly.. not good for alignment!

I can't find a way of rotating the graticule independently of the polarscope tube.

Am I missing a trick? Can the graticule be rotated independently?

There's no need to. Adjustment is done using the ring with the index mark on next to the date ring. There should be a grub screw to release it.

Once the polar scope is screwed in, rotate the RA axis so the Polaris marker is vertically below the NCP marker. Do this during the day and use something vertical that you can see through the polar scope to align them. Tip the latitude axis up if necessary. Then turn the date ring to set the rings to midnight on 1st November. Release the index ring and turn it to align with the small scale on the inside of the date ring. Lock it in that position and you're done.

James

Archived