NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

iss heads up

firstscope

I've seen it 2 nights running now! Never seen it before and didn't know what it was last night. Saw it again tonight and then came in to check heavens-above.com and it was it! Checked the times for the previous night and it was definitely it! Due for another pass at 3:37 so am gonna wait up to see it again!

I was working until 3 this morning, so I missed the earlier passes. I managed to watch the 03.37 pass over though. :grin:

I also tried to capture it on my x-box cam. On checking the video clip when I woke up, from 5 minutes of video I managed to bag 6 frames of a white blur. :sad:

I might have another go tonight after I finish work, when it comes over again. Has anybody else managed to grab a shot of it, as it's passed over?

That really is an impressive photo! I saw it again tonight and actually managed to get it in the EP for all of about 1.5 seconds! It moves so fast!

I'm assuming that yo would have had to track it to get an image that good - is there anyway to import the ISS fly-bys into Stellarium so that I can get my scope to find it and track it without me trying to chase it over the sky?

It's manual tracking only as far as I know. It's what I do. Make sure the finder is perfectly aligned with the main scope and then track the ISS using the finder as it passes. With a bit of luck you will get a number of shots on the cam chip during the pass. I usually get a couple of hundred out of 10-12,000.

Finder is perfectly aligned, but was using the scope via the handcotroller. Think maybe next time I should turn the power off and use the clutches instead.

Don't want to take any pics, just watch it a little more closely. Think this is also making it difficult cos you can't really look through the EP and control the scope at the same time.

Archived